January 5, 2013

Shiny

So, I'm a huge science fiction geek.
If you'd told me ten years ago that I'd one day love time travel, aliens, and space ships as much as I adore wizards, elves, and magic, I would have told you that you were nuts. Little Miranda was a fantasy junkie. I still am, my interests are just more varied.
What brings this on? Well, I just finished watching Season 1 (aka Season ONLY) of Joss Whedon's incredible cult-TV masterpiece "Firefly." Cool people will have heard of it. If you haven't, please go Google it now so that you can be cool.
"Firefly" was one of the best stories I've ever experienced, especially on television. But what makes it so heart-wrenching is that it got cancelled after one season back in 2002. You know there's supposed to be more. There just... isn't.
That's why they made "Serenity" -- the movie sequel that wraps it all up. I have yet to see "Serenity," but I plan to watch it on Netflix soon. Then, I'll have the unofficial right to claim myself a browncoat.
For now, though, I'm left to mourn "Firefly" ten years late and try to get my fix from "Doctor Who."
Shiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment